LIGHTFAIR® International 2017 Call for Speakers: Global Invitation to Experts in Diverse Disciplines
Released: Mon Aug 8,2016
Original Author: Lisa Bokovoy
ATLANTA, August 8, 2016—The LIGHTFAIR® International (LFI®) Conference, which offers hundreds of hours of education in a highly diverse curriculum, begins its run to opening day 2017 with the Call for Speakers launching August 8. This global invitation calls for top lighting and design practitioners to submit to speak at the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference in Philadelphia May 7 – 11, 2017 (Pre-Conference LIGHTFAIR Institute®: May 7 – 8; Trade Show & Conference: May 9 – 11).
For the 2017 Conference, experts are invited to submit proposals to share expertise and experience within the following focus areas: Inspiration, Core Knowledge, Design Tools and Technologies, Applications Research, Design Strategies, Professional Development, and Intelligent Lighting and Connectivity. Of these seven segments, Core Knowledge, Design Strategies, Professional Development, and Intelligent Lighting and Connectivity are new to LFI and the 2017 curriculum.
For 2017, LIGHTFAIR International will create a vibrant atmosphere where speakers in diverse disciplines come together to present, discuss, debate, exchange and explore best practices and emerging concepts in lighting for the creation of socially responsible, effective and pleasing environments. Experts from various industries such as lighting, architecture, design, engineering, facility management, government, healthcare, hospitality, alternative energy including solar power, security, transportation and more are encouraged to submit proposals for consideration at the LFI 2017 Conference.The seven focus areas will explore:
- Inspiration – Artists, trailblazers, rule-breakers, scientists – anyone from either inside or outside the lighting industry can dramatically influence creativity. This focus area identifies origins of the lighting profession’s “big ideas” and the profession’s future.
- Applications Research – Throughout the history of lighting, scientific research and social research have shaped design. In addition to light’s impact on human behavior and well-being, this focus area includes research topics addressing plant, animal, humanitarian and non-visual aspects of light and how they impact design.
- Design Strategies – Lighting is a delicate balance between science and art. How do you innovate contextually to ground results and minimize risk? This focus area is intended to explore the design process and how we communicate intent and document design.
- Design Tools & Technologies – The development of innovative technologies provides tools and challenges for elevating the lighted environment. This focus area is intended to address the continuing evolution of lighting equipment, software, codes and metrics.
- Core Knowledge – Whether you’re an emerging professional or a seasoned veteran of the lighting industry, there are always new tools that can expand your knowledge base and strengthen your ability to communicate. This focus area is intended to assist anyone seeking an introduction to a topic or tool to which they have limited exposure.
- Intelligent Lighting & Connectivity – Now that the lighting industry has been introduced to the Internet of Things (IoT), this focus area is intended to go from “we can do that” to “here’s how to do that!”
- Professional Development – This focus area is intended to address the business aspects of lighting for the professional who wants to know the ins-and-outs of the lighting industry. It’s also for the business professional who wants to further expand their insight of day-to-day office life or for those with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to start their own business.
Courses range in level (all levels, foundational, intermediate and advanced) and length (60-Minute Sessions, 90-Minute Seminars, 3-Hour Workshops, 1-Day Courses, 2-Day Courses, Tours and Forums).
Visit http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/index.cvn?id=10301 for additional information about the LIGHTFAIR International 2017 Call for Speakers. Submissions and speaker suggestions will be accepted online only from August 8 – September 9, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
For LIGHTFAIR International 2017, the Pre-Conference program will take place from Sunday, May 7 – Monday, May 8, 2017 and the LFI Trade Show and Conference will run from Tuesday, May 9 – Thursday, May 11, 2017. For more information about LIGHTFAIR International, please visit LIGHTFAIR.COM.
About LIGHTFAIR International
LIGHTFAIR® International is the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference and is sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD). The event is produced and managed by AmericasMart® Atlanta. For more information, please visit LIGHTFAIR.COM. Join the #LFI2017 conversation on Facebook, Twitter @lightfair, Instagram @lightfair_international, LinkedIn and YouTube.